Dear AL NRA Member:
Please vote Mike Rogers in the Republican primary for U.S. House of Representatives in AL-03 on or before Tuesday, March 1st. Absentee ballots must be returned by the voter in person to the Absentee Election Manager/Circuit Clerk's office no later than 4:30pm on Monday, February 29, 2016, or, if mailed, must be postmarked no later than one day prior to the election and received in the mail no later than noon March 1, 2016. For more information on voting, please call 1-800-274-8683, or visit https://www.alabamavotes.gov/.
Mike Rogers, “A” Rated and NRA-PVF Endorsed
The NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) has endorsed Mike Rogers for U.S. House of Representatives in the March 1, 2016, Republican primary in the 3rd Congressional District of Alabama. Mike has a proven pro-Second Amendment record and is committed to protecting your gun rights!
- Supports Right-to-Carry: Cosponsored and voted for the Right-to-Carry legislation, which would ensure that law-abiding Americans with valid concealed handgun permits would be able to carry a concealed handgun in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry.
- Opposes the Obama/Bloomberg/Clinton Gun Control Agenda: Opposes the Obama/Bloomberg/Clinton agenda of banning guns, ammunition, magazines, and creating a so-called “universal” background check system that could criminalize the private transfer of firearms which, according to the Justice Department, is only enforceable through a federal firearms registry.
- Supports America's Hunting Heritage: Voted for the Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreation Enhancement (SHARE) Act, a bill that would positively impact sportsmen throughout Alabama and the country. Specifically, the SHARE Act would protect traditional hunting ammunition, open additional land access for hunting and fishing, and allow firearms to be legally carried on land managed by the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Supports the Civilian Marksmanship Program: Offered an amendment that was included in the National Defense Authorization Act, which would allow the Secretary of Defense to transfer surplus Model 1911 pistols, spare parts and related accessories to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
- Supports Firearm Manufacturers and Dealers: Original cosponsor of and voted for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, a law that prevents the American gun industry from being sued into bankruptcy through frivolous lawsuits.
- Opposes the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty: Opposes any international treaty by the United Nations or any other global organization that would impose restrictions on American gun owners. Mike signed a letter opposing the Obama administration’s signing of the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), as well as cosponsored a concurrent resolution opposing the ATT.
- Opposes Semi-auto Ban: Opposes any ban on commonly owned semi-automatic firearms used for hunting, recreational shooting, and self-defense.
- Opposes Government Blacklists: Opposes denying persons on secret government lists their Second Amendment right to purchase or own a firearm without due process.
- Opposes Gun Confiscation: Voted to prohibit gun confiscation during states of emergency, as happened after Hurricane Katrina.
- Opposes Operation Choke Point: Voted for legislation that prohibits the Department of Justice from executing an abusive practice in which DOJ intimidates banks into refusing or severing financial services to legally operated ammunition and firearms dealers.
- Opposes Backdoor Gun Ban: Cosponsored legislation that would block any attempt by the Obama administration to deny millions of Social Security recipients their Second Amendment rights without due process.
- Heller and McDonald Cases: Signed the pro-gun congressional “friend of the court” briefs in the Heller and McDonald cases, arguing that the Second Amendment guarantees the fundamental, individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms and that Washington, D.C.’s and Chicago’s gun bans were unconstitutional.
As a fifth generation Alabamian, Mike Rogers has a deep respect for hunting, recreational shooting and the Second Amendment, and that’s why it’s critically important for you to vote Mike Rogers for U.S. House of Representatives in the March 1, 2016, Republican primary in the 3rd Congressional District of Alabama!
P.S. Please don’t forget to vote Richard Shelby for U.S. Senate!